Friday, December 19, 2008

ITUNES TOP 100

Gee aren't you lucky. Scoff if thou wilt.
Been meaning to spill these beans just cuz it's information from the very hub of Ten Arms International. You can't watch me rock out to these songs while driving or toweling myself, so it's a big report for the holiday season.

Gee, do I live in America’s Angriest City or something? I think that a lot of these plays were aboard my beautiful Dodge Ram, a place of great rage and righteousness. Maybe I even felt like the Sheriff of these parts, herding the local yokels toward their home/store/whatnot.

It’s a lot of uh, anthems and jock rock and bitchin hits, tell you what.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEC. 2008 "ITUNES" Top 100, ed. J.D. Contos
(compiled by albums in order of appearance)

ARTIST ALBUM TOP SONG; PLAY COUNT
Misfits - Static Age (“Static Age” #1; 180)
Sick of It All – Call to Arms (“Potential for a Fall” #2; 167)
Sick of It All – Death to Tyrants (“Machete” #4; 145)
Sick of It All – Blood, Sweat&NoTears(“Friends Like You” #7; 127)
Suicidal Tendencies– Join the Army >> 1. (“WarInsidemyHead” #15; 89)
Sick of It All – Scratch the Surface (“Step Down” #17; 87)
NOFX >> 2. - S&M Airlines (“Sticking in my Eye” #18; 85)
Beethoven – Symphony No. 7 (“Movement I” #19; 84)
Mozart – Symphony No. 25 (“Movement I” #26; 75)
Mozart – Fantasia in D Minor (#27; 75)
D.R.I. – Full Speed Ahead (“I’m the Liar” #29; 72)
Misfits – Collection I (“Skulls” #32; 69)
Fugazi – 13 Songs (“Bad Mouth” #36; 66)
Them – Northern Ireland (“Baby Please Don’t Go” #40; 64)
Dying Fetus-Destroy The Opposition (“Praise the Lord” #43; 58)
D.R.I. – Thrash Zone – (“Kill the Words” #47; 56)
Elvis Presley – ? >> 3. – (“Jailhouse Rock” #48; 56)
Elvis Presley – ? – (“Don’t Be Cruel” >> 4. #51; 56)
Elvis Presley – ? – (“Hound Dog” #55; 47)
Sick of It All – Built to Last (“Burn ‘em Down” #56; 47)
Hot Water Music – Caution (“Trusty Chords” #57; 46)
Sick of It All – Yours Truly (“America” #58; 46)
Frank Sinatra–F. S.Sings for Only the Lonely >> 5. (“What’s New” #61; 45)
D.R.I. – 4 of a Kind >> 6. – (“Kill the Words” #47; 56)
NOFX - S&M Airlines – (“Drug Free America” #73; 42)
D.R.I. – Dealing With It – (“Snap” #78; 39)
Dion & the Belmonts >> 7. - ? – (“Runaround Sue” 82; 38)
Elvis Presley – The Sun Sessions >> 8.– (“That’s Alright” #83; 38)
Bernard Herrmann – Vertigo soundtrack >> 9. – (“The Beach” #84; 38)
NOFX - Ribbed – (“The Malachi Crunch” #86; 38)
Misfits - ?Collection II - (“Halloween 2” #89; 37)
Dead Kennedys - ? – (“Holiday in Cambodia” #100; 35)

FOOTNOTES
1.

Strangely, deleted from library—could have been a real chart topper—

2.

Lot o’ respect for the band, but really, not one of my favorites-this itunes top 100 is seeming kind of bogus right now

3.
Albums did not exist or matter at this point; do they now? I haven't heard any new albums. Something's wrong with people now. They don't write albums. They don't even shut up and write one. That's why I'm so upset a lot. People should shut the fuck up.

4.
OK this is absurd! I don’t even remember having that song. And why are all the Elvis tracks all in a row—I must have these “Elvis blasts” where I play them all in a row, maybe while I’m across the house tending to a hot stove or something

5.
HOLY SHIT I WORSHIP THIS ALBUM

6.
For fuck’s sake! I’m mad at myself for not creating a higher play count for the absolutely essential Dealing with It. People in Orlando are lucky to see Rhett’s beautiful old t-shirt with the cover art. He might as well be wearing the goddamn shroud of Turin.

7.
Motherfucking miss 810 AM – YOU IDIOTS!

8.
OK, this is the birth of rock and roll, so it counts as an “ALBUM”

9.
Oh man that Vertigo soundtrack--killing me for 14 years! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment